Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pinterest...A Story ...by Susan Lute

On occasion I teach a class called Storyboarding... Your Novel ...Your Career. It's an interesting, crafty way to pull out all the stops and figure out where your story is going, your career, or even your life if you're brave enough to give it a go, and take a walk on the wild side.

I've recently discovered a storyboard, of sorts (there were many ahead of me on this one). Pinterest. Check out my boards. You can tell a lot about a person based on what boards they set up, and the pictures they pin. In many ways you can see past the mask they wear in public into (forgive the dramatics) their soul, because when you're pinning the pics that speak loudest, you're not considering what anyone else will think. You're just responding viscerally to the image you're pinning, and on which board they will best fit.

I just took a stroll through my boards. You can see what kind of man I like; that I'd love to live in a castle; what I think a post apocalyptic world would look like (check the Dragons board); that I love fantastic color and images, and that baby animals make my heart go awwe!. Oh, and let's never forget The Boy Who Lived.

Do you have a place on Pinterest? What do your boards say about you?

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I do have a Pinterest account. I have fun now and then adding things to it. They are mostly farm, food, and western related items.

Susan said...

I started out doing Pinterest because the daughter got me started. And then it became fun, stolen moments when I didn't have to thing about anything else. It exploded from there, lol.

Danita Cahill said...

Mostly I pin animal photos, and share photos I've taken. I also enjoy things that make me laugh.